Program Assistant Job Description
About EEDC: The EEDC is dedicated to the equitable revitalization of the Third Ward with an emphasis on protecting its long-time residents and preserving its culturally rich African American history. We are a collaborative of organized, informed, and engaged faith-based organizations, nonprofits, community development corporations, businesses, local government entities, and other stakeholders from the community. Its vision is a resilient, prosperous, and vibrant cultural beacon where African-Americans live, work and thrive.
General Job Description: The Program Assistant will support the EEDC staff in carrying out the administration of the organization’s programs and services, day to day operations of incubator space, administrative support, and coordinating with local business owners, stakeholders, and partners. This is a highly interactive role built for someone who enjoys networking, supporting small business owners, sales coordination, and retail management. The program assistant is also responsible for the physical space set up, maintaining vendor relationships, and logistics oversight. The ideal candidate will have a 2 or 4 year college degree, retail and business management skills, nonprofit program experience and passion for working with entrepreneurs.
Position Type: Part-time, 20-25 hours per week, Wednesday to Sunday, and some evenings.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administrative Support – Schedule incubator vendors, organize logistics for incubator space, maintain retail floor look and feel, while providing business owners with support. Assist in the capture and organization of data and tasks to ensure effective management of the organization’s workload.
2. Retail Incubator Oversight – Oversee general operations of small business incubator space, while working with business owners to coordinate product placement, and track product sales. Will be expected to work during the incubator open hours, which includes weekends.
3. Program Support – Assist with connecting Resilient Entrepreneurship Program graduates to the incubator space, including scheduling information sessions, trainer support and sign up. Ensure that in-person workshop/trainings are scheduled, and space is set up. Provide support for Economic Development programs, to ensure small business meeting space is prepared for use.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
● 2+ years prior experience in retail management and business administrative support
● Excellent attention to detail and logistics management
● Excellent interpersonal skills and creative thinker
● Excellent attention to detail, administrative skills and time management
● Experience working with local small business owners and nonprofits
● Highly organized with excellent follow-through while managing multiple tasks.
● Experience using Microsoft, Google Workspace, Shopify, Zoom, Forms, Acuity, etc.
● Must possess exceptional writing skills, note taking and reporting.
● Must possess strong retail management skills
● Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team
● Superior business management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
● Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve organizational efforts
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com